Zwy Milshtein was born in the city of Chisinau Moldova in 1934. Another Romanian, the city came under Soviet control in 1944. From 1943 to 1944, he studied painting at the Palace of Pioneers, Tiflis (Georgia) and then in 1946 at Bucharest with the painter George Ştefănescu Milshtein share in Israel in 1947 with his brother and mother, and in Cyprus, where he studied sculpture with Ben-Tzvi. In 1948, in Israel, he studied with Raitler painters Avni, Ardon, Mokady.
Until 1956, he lives with Yochewed Kashi, first woman paratrooper state of Israel and they have a son, Oury Milshtein, born in 1957 in Paris. In 1956 he received a scholarship from the Norman Foundation grant that allowed him to travel to Paris. He stayed there for many years and since 2007 has Milshtein his studio in Rhône Gleize where he also lives.
PRIVAT & PUBLIC COLLECTION
- Museum of Modern Art, New York
- Musée des Arts Décoratifs, Paris
- Bibliothèque Nationale de France, Paris
- Musée cantonal d'Art, Lausanne
- Museum Gothenburg, Sweden
- Musée d'Art Modern, Paris
- Royal Library, Brussels
- Centre National d'Art, Paris
- Musée d'Art et d'Histoire, Geneva